These are official instructions of Finnish Lapland
Traveller’s guide to coronavirus safety:
1. Ensure you maintain a 1–2 metre safety distance.
2. Wear a face mask. The recommendation to wear a face mask applies to all public indoor spaces in which a safe distance from others cannot be maintained (public transport, shops, restaurants, concerts).
3. Cough safely: When coughing or sneezing, please cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or your sleeve.
4. Maintain good hand hygiene.
5. If you have any symptoms, even minor ones, please get yourself tested for coronavirus and self-isolate until you receive the test results.
We also recommend downloading the Koronavilkku app on your phone. The app will inform you if it suspects you may have come into contact with coronavirus. If you are diagnosed with a coronavirus infection, you can inform the app anonymously. Further information: https://koronavilkku.fi/en/
If you experience symptoms of respiratory infection and you suspect a coronavirus infection (COVID-19)
- Book an appointment for a coronavirus test, even if you have the mildest of symptoms of respiratory infection or other symptoms of the coronavirus infection. Symptoms may include high temperature, cough, throat pain, difficulty breathing, muscular pain, fatigue, runny nose, nausea, or diarrhoea. Sometimes symptoms can also be the change in smelling or tasting. If your overall condition is seriously impaired or you have severe shortness of breath, please call the emergency number 112.
- Instructions for booking a coronavirus testing appointment are found here: https://koronaturvallinenlappi.fi/en/make-an-appointment-for-a-coronavirus-test/
- When travelling to and from the coronavirus testing station, you must use a face mask at all times and avoid close contacts with all other people.
- Avoid using public transport, use a taxi to travel to the coronavirus testing station.
- After the test, you must wait for the test results while staying at home and avoiding all close contacts with others.
- You will be contacted about the results of the coronavirus test.
– Positive result: If you are confirmed as being infected with the coronavirus, stay in quarantine for as long as the physician responsible for communicable diseases has ordered. Follow all the instructions given to prevent further transmission of the virus. You will be given more information from the healthcare professional who contacts you.
– Negative result: If the test result is negative and the test is taken because of the symptoms and the symptoms are no longer present or have been significantly reduced when the test result is ready, you may return to the normal daily life. If the symptoms return and/or the symptoms remain for length periods, it is necessary for you to take a new coronavirus test.
Up-to-date information and instructions on coronavirus: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates
Koronaturvallinenlappi.fi/en is a website created by the Lapland Hospital District, Länsi-Pohja Healthcare District and House of Lapland to share information on the region’s coronavirus situation and related matters.