Traveller’s guide: Coronavirus safety
These are official instructions of Finnish Lapland
Traveller’s guide to coronavirus safety:
1. Ensure you maintain a 1–2 metre safety distance.
2. Wear a face mask. The recommendation to wear a face mask applies to all public indoor spaces in which a safe distance from others cannot be maintained (public transport, shops, restaurants, concerts).
3. Cough safely: When coughing or sneezing, please cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or your sleeve.
4. Maintain good hand hygiene.
5. If you have any symptoms, even minor ones, please get yourself tested for coronavirus and self-isolate until you receive the test results.
We also recommend downloading the Koronavilkku app on your phone. The app will inform you if it suspects you may have come into contact with coronavirus. If you are diagnosed with a coronavirus infection, you can inform the app anonymously. Further information: https://koronavilkku.fi/en/
If you have any symptoms of respiratory infection and you suspect you may be infected with coronavirus
1. Book an appointment for a coronavirus test if you have even mild symptoms of respiratory infection or other symptoms of a coronavirus infection. Symptoms may include fever, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle pains, fatigue, cold-like symptoms, nausea and diarrhoea. Symptoms may sometimes also include loss of sense of smell or taste.
2. Lapland’s municipal instructions for booking a coronavirus test can be found at https://koronaturvallinenlappi.fi/en/make-an-appointment-for-a-coronavirus-test/ Please contact the reception of your place of accommodation by phone if possible. Many places of accommodation can help you with booking a test and other practical matters. Avoid visiting reception in person or using other public spaces in your place of accommodation.
3. A healthcare professional will assess your symptoms and direct you to take a test if necessary. Please do not go to the hospital or health centre without booking an appointment to be tested first. If your condition has worsened significantly or you are experiencing severe shortness of breath, call the emergency number 112.
4. Please stay in your room/place of accommodation and avoid contact with people you are not lodging with before getting tested. If you must leave your room/place of accommodation, please wear a face mask.
5. Please do not remove your face mask when travelling to and from the coronavirus test and avoid close contact with other people.
6. Please avoid public transport when going to the test. Use a taxi instead. When calling a taxi, we recommend that you mention you are travelling to or from your coronavirus test. This way, the taxi company can dispatch a taxi with an acrylic screen between the passenger and the driver.
7. Please return straight back to your place of accommodation after the test. Wear a face mask until you are back in your room.
8. Until you receive your results after the test, please remain in self-isolation, stay in your place of accommodation and avoid contact with others. You can go outside, but please maintain a safe distance from other people. You should not go to places where it is difficult to avoid close contact, such as shops and restaurants. Remember to maintain a safe distance from other people and use a face mask.
9. If necessary, you can ask your place of accommodation for help with things like organising meals.
10. You will be contacted with the results of your coronavirus test.
- Positive result: If you are diagnosed with a coronavirus infection, please remain in self-isolation for the period ordered by a doctor responsible for infectious diseases. To avoid passing on the infection, please follow the instructions given. You can ask the healthcare professional who contacted you for further information.
- Negative result: If the test results are negative and the test was taken due to symptoms that have passed or notably declined by the time you receive the results, you can return to your normal routine. If you experience new symptoms and/or your symptoms are prolonged, please seek an appointment for a new test.
- Further information: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates/symptoms-and-treatment-coronavirus/coronavirus-tests
Up-to-date information and instructions on coronavirus: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates
Koronaturvallinenlappi.fi/en is a website created by the Lapland Hospital District, Länsi-Pohja Healthcare District and House of Lapland to share information on the region’s coronavirus situation and related matters.