Travelling to the Lapland Hospital District area from areas currently experiencing the acceleration and spreading phase
On 4 December, the Lapland Hospital District has issued instructions for domestic travel to the Lapland Hospital District area:
- Please carefully consider if your trip is absolutely necessary.
- Make sure you follow all the rules your own region has issued. It is necessary to use face masks on all public transport and in indoor areas where safe social distancing cannot be adhered to.
- For a couple of weeks before the beginning of your trip, try to avoid all situations where you could be exposed to the coronavirus. Situations such as these are all public gatherings where safe distancing cannot be guaranteed. For instance, bars, shopping centres and group sports and pastimes. You must also avoid these situations while you are here.
- Only come here if you are healthy.
- If you become ill while you are here, even with the slightest of symptoms (e.g. sore throat, runny nose, cough, diarrhoea, changes in taste and smell), you must immediately go to the nearest coronavirus test station and remain in quarantine until you have received your test results.
- If you meet anyone belonging to a risk group, make sure that everyone wears face masks for the entire duration of the visit.
Markku Broas, Infectious Disease Specialist
Antti Väänänen, Infectious Disease Specialist